Guidance for customers requiring work done during covid-19 restrictions...
I have gathered this information from Government guidelines and it is updated as these guidelines change.
There will be some things I will ask you to do and I will also include the things I will do.
AT ANY STAGE PRIOR TO, EITHER AN ON-SITE ASSESSMENT FOR WORK TO BE DONE OR FOR THE ACTUAL COMPLETION OF AGREED/CONTRACTED WORK. IF ANY MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS/OR HAS SHOWN SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 OR HAS BEEN ADVISED THROUGH USE OF THE NHS APP OR THROUGH TRACK AND TRACE STAFF THAT THEY HAVE BEEN IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH A PERSON WHO HAS SYMPTOMS PLEASE CONTACT ME ON 07912749910 OR YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT: firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR TO ME ATTENDING SO WE CAN REVIEW OUR AGREEMENT IN ORDER THAT WE CAN KEEP PEOPLE SAFE.
- The required safe distance of 2 meters must be maintained between all parties in the household and our work staff. We will try to keep this to our work area and the route of access to our vehicle.
- I would ask that a 2-metre area square in front of the fireplace is cleared of all unnecessary objects and cleaned with ordinary household cleaner/disinfectant 30 mins prior to our arrival. Govt guidance suggests wearing disposable or washing-up gloves using a disposable cloth, cleaning hard surfaces with warm soapy water. Then disinfect these surfaces with the cleaning products you normally use.
- If there are busy areas where your household usually travel and we are likely to come into contact e.g. the way to the bathroom/toilet can you see if there is an alternative route that can be used to avoid the work are.
- I would ask that the windows in the work area are opened to increase ventilation and that internal doors should be left open. This is so we do not have to touch door handles unnecessarily.
- Can you keep your mobile phone with you at all times in the house in case I need to contact you.
- If we do need close proximity (2 metres) contact with members of the household whilst on the premises it will be limited to 15 minutes.
- I would ask that payments be made electronically wherever possible or by placing the correct cash in an envelope with the amount written on the outside.
- Any relevant documentation will also be forwarded electronically.
To help keep you safe we take the following actions:
- We will be conducting a phased return to work in the initial stages (jobs will be fewer and more spread out) to ensure that the actions I have outlined below can be carried out efficiently, especially between jobs.
- We will maintain High Personal Hygiene practices (Washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or anti-bacterial hand sanitiser) on a regular basis. Hands will be washed/sanitised immediately prior to and immediately after a visit.
- We will wear face coverings when on your premises, these may be changed for other respirators/facemasks during the course of our work for our safety in respect of soot and dust particles.
- All equipment to be used on the job is cleaned in advance of attending and kept free from contamination.
- All work clothing is washed daily and properly dried.
- Only our own food and drink will be consumed at the premises.
- Our workers will maintain the 2-metres social distancing guidelines wherever possible. Unfortunately, this may not be possible all the time but it will only be breached where absolutely necessary and only for as long as is necessary.
- The same workers are used for jobs and fully briefed and updated on current guidance and the standards expected.